Bangalore based electric two-wheeler startup Ather, has added a limited edition variant to the 450x e-scooter called, the Ather 450X “Series 1”.
The E-scooter will be offered to the customer who pre-books the Ather 450X Series 1 before its official launch on January 28th 2021.
The company also hinted that only ‘a few thousand’ units will be produced. However, the final numbers have not been revealed yet. Although, we believe that the total number will be less than 8,000-9,000 units.
What powers the Ather 450X Series1?
- The new collector’s edition 450X series1 will get a 6kW PMSM electric motor.
- The motor draws its power from a 2.9kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
- This setup easily produces 8hp with 23Nm of peak torque.
- The series1 can do 0-40km/h in just 3.3 seconds, making it one of the quickest e-scooters in the domestic market.
- It will also offer the 3 ride modes- Ride, Sport, and ‘Warp‘ mode.
- The collector’s edition is based on the regular 450X’s cast aluminium chassis and trellis frame.
- The frame is assisted by telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension at rear which is also painted in red.
- According to the brand, its charging has capability has been increased by 50%.
- The Ather 450X series1 also has a claimed range of 85km according to the WLTP cycle.
What else does the new Series1 offers (feature-Wise)?
- The limited-edition Series1 features a few extra sporty upgrades compared to the regular 450x.
- With the series1 we get to see a translucent high-gloss metallic black body colour combined.
- The new red accents on the front also complement its sporty appeal.
- At the rear, we get to see the same red accents extended to the rear wheel.
- It also features a wrap-round LED taillights adding more character to the new sporty and relatively more powerful 450x series1.
- Other standard features include Bluetooth connectivity, regenerative braking and a 7.0-inch touchscreen with red hints sourced from the regular 450x
- Although Ather has also specified that the initial batches of the series1 will have black panels which will be upgraded to the translucent panels in May 2021.
How much will the new Collector’s Edition cost?
The regular Ather 450X is priced ₹1.59 lakh (Ex-Showroom). However, the brand has not yet revealed the prices of the limited edition but we expect to a major premium on the new collector’s edition.
When will the deliveries begin?
- Ather has specified that the first set of deliveries of the 450X series1 will begin from November 2020.
- The 450X will be sold in 11 cities-Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Coimbatore, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Pune, Ahmedabad, Kozhikode, and Kolkata.