It’s official! Bajaj will be calling its Qute-based EV (electric vehicle) the Bajaj QCar. Bajaj has registered the name QCar for its upcoming electric car. The Bajaj Qute was launched earlier in 2019 in CNG and a petrol options using a 216.6cc, single-cylinder DTS-i engine producing 13 bhp and 19 nm of torque using a 5-speed sequential gearbox.
The Bajaj QCar Electric | Qute-based EV | Highlights
- The car was spotted being tested on the streets of Pune very near to Bajaj’s production plant in Akurdi.
- The car had a “QCar” badging and EV scribed on the side panels confirming that its an electric car.
- The powertrain for the Bajaj QCar can very well be derived from its recently launched Bajaj Chetak electric.
- As per the spy shots, the QCar looks very similar to the Qute. The Bajaj QCar being tested was in a left-hand-drive configuration, which suggests that the QCar will also be exported to other markets.
- It is speculated that the Bajaj QCar will be first launched in the international market before making its debut in India.
Upon its launch, the Bajaj Qute had a rough start, majorly due to policy constraints for quadricycles plying in India. The Bajaj Qute was first launched in Russia and Turkey before making an entry into India.0