The electric vehicles market is among the fastest-growing markets in India and across the globe. To capture the market many carmakers are on the front foot to capture the market. BMW is among them those carmakers, which is ready to unleash its second battery-electric vehicle in the Indian market, the i4. The BMW i4 is essentially the grand coupe version of the 4 series and shares a lot of cues from the BMW 3 series too.
Well, after the launch of the BMW iX4, BMW unveiled another all-electric sedan, on 28th April. As you know, the BWM i4 has the potential to become the best and among the relatively affordable luxury BEVs in the county. But how do we say this, you may ask? The BMW i4 comes loaded with the latest technology along with the longest range to date. So, before we further ado here is everything you need to know about the upcoming BMW i4.
BMW i4 Has A Powerful Powertrain
Starting with the USP, the BMW i4 has a powerful, efficient, and long-range powertrain. The grand coupe under the hood an 83.4kWh batter powers a 340hp motor in the base variant. Additionally, the motor generated a peak instant torque of 430Nm. Both combined can propel the car from a 0-100kmph in a little under 6 sec.
Well, there is an M50X Drive variant that might be the range-topping version. If this variant comes it will be powered by a motor generating peak power of 544hp and 795Nm of instant torque transmitted to all four wheels of the vehicle. And BMW claims due to the 795Nm of torque, the vehicle can shoot to 0-100kmph in just 3.8 seconds. That is brisk.
Power is one thing, now you might wonder if the car might have an adequate range. But this came as a surprise to use too that the BMW i4 gets a claimed range of 590kms for the base i4 Drive 40 meanwhile the more powerful has a range of 510kms. The vehicle is not done surprisingly yet. Another jaw-dropping fact about the i4 is that a 10 min charge (200kW) can lend the vehicle a range of about 164kms. This is something that will surely encourage people to buy the BMW i4.
BMW i4 is Loaded with Gadgets and Gizmos
The new battery-electric vehicle from BMW shares a lot of cues from the 4 series Grand couple. But the similarities end as you enter the vehicle.
- First and foremost, the vehicle gets the old lift-type door handles to get in the vehicle. The old is the new trend now. Not to forget that the door handles also get the request sensor on all the 4 handles.
- After entering the vehicle, it is the dashboard that is all new. Instead of the conventional dash, the BMW i4 gets two large screens.
- One is the 12.3-inch instrument cluster, and the other is the 14.6-inch touchscreen infotainment system which also doubles up as the controls for the air conditioner.
- Both the screen are continuous and are slightly tilted towards the driver, just like the other cars from the BMW.
- Well, it is worth mentioning that the car gets all the features that you’d expect from a luxury vehicle in India.
BMW i4 Price and Rivals
Well, it isn’t sure if BMW will launch the M50 XDrive variant; if they may, the M50 xDrive will rival the likes of Porsche Tycan, Audi e-Tron, and Jaguar i-Pace. The BMW i4 sit lower than the recently launched BMW iX, which comes at Rs. 1.16 Crore (ex-showroom). We expect the price for the i4 to range somewhere around Rs. 70 Lakh to Rs. 90 Lakh (ex-showroom) for the eDrive 40 variant. BMW i4 is expected to launch in India on 26th May 2022.
Let us know in the comment section whether are you ready to consider a BEV for your next vehicle. Also, don’t forget to tell us what you feel about the new BMW i4, is it good? Will it work in India?