The automotive giant from Germany, BMW has recently launched a track-spec motorcycle M1000 RR in India. The motorcycle starts at a whooping ₹42 Lakhs (ex-showroom) price tag which is minus any customizations.
The M1000 RR is a beefed-up S1000RR, which means it gets a ton of upgrades over the conventional motorcycle. The M1000RR gets more technical upgrades to go around a race track even quicker. It’s not that the S1000RR is a slow motorcycle, but it is meant for both city as well as track.
What rests under the fuel tank?
BMW M1000RR not only gets performance upgrades on the outside but the same is the case with the powertrain.
- The M1000RR gets a 999cc I4 cylinder engine that is capable of generating 205hp of max power and 113Nm of peak torque. Both of which are available at higher revs.
- This motor is superior enough to propel this bike from 0-100kmph in just 3.1 seconds. Also, when given an empty road, the bike can easily hit a top speed of 306kmph.
BMW M1000RR Features
To control the raw power that the motorcycle generates, the rider has an option to choose from 4 riding modes, Rain, Road, Dynamic and Race.
- Also, over the S1000RR the M1000RR gets a softer compound rubber wrapped around the lighter carbon fibre rims.
- Not to forget, it also gets fins in front to generate downforce that aids in the motorcycle’s stability.
- The new 2021 motorcycle weighs 170kgs (dry) which is lighter than the S1000RR.
What rivals the BMW M1000RR?
BMW has launched the M1000RR in two trims, the first one being the conventional variant which is priced at ₹42 Lakhs (ex-showroom). The other is the M Competition that adds a little more to an existing hooligans package. The price? ₹45 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
If not the BMW, the rides can also look at the Ducati Panigale V4, Yamaha YZF R1 and more. All these motorcycles produce similar power and are built for one job, to go fast. BMW is bringing the M1000RR through the CBU route hence the hearty price tag.
Let us know in the comment section, is the BMW M1000RR worth the premium over its rivals?