Nowadays the pandemic Coronavirus is all over the news headlines. After a lockdown till 31st, the Indian Government has extended the quarantine for more than 20 days. Though the right decision, it’ll surely affect the Indian auto industry and the BS6 rollout. The Implementation was on the 31st of March.
Depending upon the situation in the country as well as the world people have many questions in their heads.
Should the Government extend the sale of BS4 vehicles?
Why Should the government extend?
- The entire country is on lockdown and no one is allowed to leave their homes apart from the essential personnel. All the shops apart from the some are also closed.
- This makes it impossible for anyone to shop for a vehicle. Moreover, there are a lot of vehicle stocks left untouched at the respective dealerships.
- Not clearing the stocks will surely gonna hamper the vehicle dealers in a really negative way. Then the loss is inevitable.
- The extended lockdown will surely last till the mid of April if it were not extended.
- The BS6 roll out date lying in between the lockdown is really a stroke of bad luck for all the manufacturers, dealers as well as the buyers.
Considering the scenarios in the entire country, we assume that the government will surely acknowledge the current facts and work upon them accordingly. The Indian government might give some buffer period for the sale of BS4 vehicles after we end the quarantine.
Also Read: Coronavirus: You Can’t Drive Without A Solid Reason Across India
Afterall right now the entire nation is standing as one and fighting against the novel Coronavirus. Its wait for the quarantine to end and hope the government takes relevant steps in order to not hamper the automobile industry. Stay Inside and stay safe.
This shall too pass.