Hyundai Grand i10 Nios somewhat changed the mid hatchback segment. It came up with pretty good looks and a fairly long feature list. This time in 2020 is the BS6 hatchback is ready to do change the segment again?
The 2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios was showcased in 2020 Auto Expo and is subjected to rivel the competitors with 4 engine options and several fuel choices. It is assumed that Hyundai will cut down some features on different variants offered to maintain the prices competitive.
- The new i10 Nios comes with 1.0Litre Turbo-GDi engine which was debuted in the Hyundai Venue and is mated to an exciting manual transmission, it produces 99 Bhp and about 172Nm torque. This engine is offered with Sportz and Sportz Dual-Tone variant.
- With that, the vehicle also comes with a 1.2- litre petrol engine with an option of a factory-fitted CNG kit that delivers 68Bhp and nearly 95Nm Torque and is available in Magna MT and Sportz MT variants.
- A BS6 compliant 1.2Litre Diesel engine capable of delivering 74Bhp with about 172Nm Torque and is offered in Sportz MT.
- Only a 1.2Litre petrol (kappa) engine gets an automatic transmission. The engine delivers 82Bhp and nearly 114Nm Torque.
In controlling the increased vehicle cost due to the BS6 emission norms Hyundai cut some features so that overall drivability and safety are not hampered.
- The base Era variant is omitted with Passenger seatbelt pre-tensioners with load limiters.
- The trending Blackened D pillar is missing from the Magna variant.
- There is no USB charger outlet, glove box cooling, Arkamys premium sound system is also absent from the Sportz variant though Glove box is present in the Top of the line Asta variant.
The new Hyundai Grand i10 Nios is subjected to a lot of competition from other vehicles in the same price range as almost every car will be getting a facelift. Ford Figo, Suzuki Ignis, Honda Brio will give a tough competition.
- The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios starts from ₹5.00 Lacs (Ex-Showroom) for the base Era variant.
- Goes all the way up to the range-topping Asta Diesel manual at ₹7.99 Lacs (Ex-Showroom).
- AMT with a kappa petrol engine is offered at ₹6.73 Lacs (Ex-showroom).
- The 1.0 Turbo petrol is assumed to be priced a little about all the variants.