The BS6 version of the Mahindra TUV300 is all set to hit the road, come this Auto Expo 2020. With Auto Expo 2020 around the corner, Mahindra is leaving no stone unturned to create an unforgettable presence for the company at the auto show.
The test mule of the car was recently spotted by the car paparazzi. The car sported tweaks on the front grille and a set of new headlamps, although still having the same old halogen lamps. The fog lamps have been squared, giving the car a more serious look.
The car is expected to be launched at the upcoming Auto Expo 2020 by the Indian carmaker.
Mahindra TUV300 | What’s New?
- Mahindra has made sure that the car still has the same old aura around it. The side and the rear profiles feel similar if not exactly identical to its older sibling.
- Mahindra as readied itself to comply with the government’s new BS6 fuel norms. Hence, the new engine will be powered by an upgraded 1.5-litre diesel engine.
- The current engine produces 99.8hp of power and a torque of 240 Nm. The BS6 version is expected to sport the same engine specs.
- It is expected that the BS6 version will be priced higher than it’s BS4 counterpart. Although, how the BS6 modification will be affecting the engine’s performance is still unknown.
- On the inside, the final changes haven’t been revealed yet. However, keeping in mind the consumer Mahindra will surely make sure that the car gets loaded with some practical and useful features.
Mahindra TUV300 | Conclusion
The Mahindra TUV300 BS6-compliant does not have any direct competitor owing to its body on frame chassis and the rear-wheel-drive configuration. However, it will be pitched against the likes of Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the Hyundai Venue.
Will it be able to make a mark as big as its size? That still remains unanswered.