It looks like the Chinese are upto something and this time it’s gonna be a banger. Chinese carmaker BYD is making something for SUV lovers. Certain media reports suggest that the all electric car maker will be rolling out its first hybrid SUV sometime this year.
Its being speculated that the new SUV from BYD has been codenamed SF and will resemble the likes of the Land Rover Defender on the cosmetic front.
- It it very likely that the new BYD Hybrid SUV will be showcased in Shanghai by the end of April.
- Reports also suggest that the new Hybrid SUV form BYD will be a global model just like the recently launched BYD Atto 3.
- The new Land Rover based Hybrid tech will also offer a range of more than 1,200 kms.
- It will get its power from a barnd new petrol-electric hybrid drivetrain.
- BYD currently has two models in India- Atto 3 & E6 EV
- The all electric carmaker also plans upon introducing a an electric sedan in India by mid-2023- BYD Seal.
- The new BYD Hybrid SUV will measure close to 5,000mm in length and rides on wheelbase put at 2,850mm.
- BYD is expected to launch its new SUV by mid-2024. With its lunch it will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, Toyota Hyryder, Mg Hector and the Toyota Innova Hycross.