With major OEMs now offering subscription plans, mobility solutions have now become much more affordable. But is the new subscription model better than actually buying a car? Let’s find out.
Car Subscription Plans
Well, what was only an idea a decade back is now a reality. Several major OEMs, such as Volkswagen, Maruti, Hyundai etc., are now offering subscription models for new car ownership; buying a car is now easier than ever before.
The plans offered by OEMs offer flexible tenure options that cover almost all major vehicle costs, such as road tax, maintenance as well as insurance. However, while a car subscription might seem to be quite attractive, it surely isn’t for everyone. If you are wondering whether a car subscription is for you or not, here’s who we believe it is for.
Is Car Subscription Better Value For Money?
The answer to this question isn’t as simple as it might seem. But if you are a person who falls in any of the categories mentioned below, then subscribing to a car is surely a value-for-money decision for you.
- If you change cities regularly: Be it because of your work or lifestyle, if you are someone who shifts bases quite often, then a car subscription is totally meant for you. If you choose to subscribe to a car, you could save on the hefty costs of buying a new car or reregistering the same car every time you change base. Moreover, you will also be spared from the RTO hassles if you want to transfer your existing vehicle across states.
- If driving new cars is something that drives you: Shauk Badi Cheez Hai, and why not! If you are someone who loves to drive the latest and greatest each year, then subscribing to a vehicle is what makes sense. Image buying a new car every year sounds crazy, isn’t it?
- You want to avoid the hefty down payment: The biggest advantage of subscribing to a car is avoiding the hefty down payment you need to pay to bring home a brand-new car. Of course, a subscription plan will prove to be more expensive in the long run, but if you do need to bring home a new car, and do not have sufficient funds, then a subscription is a great option.
Checkout: All About Force Urbania
Is Buying Straight From The Showroom For You?
Now that you know when a car subscription makes sense, here is when it wouldn’t.
- If you want a family car: If having a family car in your garage ready for all your family trips is your dream, then car subscriptions are not for you. A subscription model’s various terms and conditions cannot match the security and ownership freedom that comes with bringing home a car. So for those who have wanted a family car for a long, buying is a better option.
- If you like mods and customisation: Vehicles are a reflection of our personalities. This is the core on which the modification and customisation industry stands. If you are someone who loves to modify your car per your specific taste, then stay away from the subscription model at all costs, as changes, no matter big or small, are a complete NO for subscribed cars.
- If you want to save in the long run: There is no doubt that subscribing to a car comes out to be a pricey affair in the long run when compared to purchasing a car. Thus if you want to keep your car for a longer period, or even till the end of its life, go out and buy the car for yourself.
So this was all about car subscriptions and purchases. Stay pinned to the GoMechanic blog for more such exciting articles and the latest car news.
Also Read: Toyota Innova Hycross | All We Know Till Now