This article is to inform you of everything that we know about the upcoming Citroen C3 Compact SUV. The compact SUV segment is already crowded and very competitive in every aspect.
All things confirmed about the Citroen C3
- The French manufacturer has confirmed that the Global launch of the product will be in the next few months, however, its sales will begin only in early 2022.
- The chassis will be a slightly tweaked Common Modular Platform. This architecture is already in use by multiple Peugeot models overseas.
- The product will largely be made in India and the parts will be heavily localized to keep the costs in check.
- The C3 will come with only a 1.5-litre Turbo-Petrol engine with manual and automatic powertrain options. There will not be a diesel engine.
Download the GoMechanic App now
All things almost confirmed about the Citroen C3
- The overall design silhouette will be a boxy SUV much like its elder sibling the C5 Aircross that was recently launched in India.
- The C3 has been spied testing multiple times while camouflaged. It looks a lot like the Venue at a glance, but, when you look closer then you will see the resemblance it has with the C5.
- Since the parts will be heavily localized, it’s expected to be priced at the lower end with the Kiger, Magnite, and the Brezza being its closest rivals.
- The C3 might not come with a sunroof, shark-fin antenna, or a rear wiper. Since these are just speculations considering the price, I wouldn’t put my money on it.
- However, what it might come with are alloy wheels, a decently sized central touchscreen infotainment system with connected car tech, Auto A/C, electronic stability control, and four airbags
The list of rivals on the other hand is enjoying dominance in the car market with a variety of options amongst themselves. It starts with Renault Kiger and Nissan Magnite on the budget side, Hyundai Venue and Kia Sonet being feature-packed, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300 if you want safety and performance, Ford Ecosport which kickstarted the compact SUV trend itself, and finally Maruti Suzuki Brezza or the Toyota Urban Cruiser if you want the mixed bag of everything.