Not many people have heard of Citroen, well now you have as the French carmaker is planning to make its debut in the Indian auto sector by the end of 2020 with there C5 Aircross SUV.
However, rumours suggest that Citroen might not be able to leave there mark as the C5 Aircross is not being considered as an ideal SUV for the India audience as recent stats show that we as Indian are more inclined towards Compact SUV rather than a full-fledged sumo SUV.
- If we talk about the mechanics on the Citroen C5 Aircross the European is offered with the choice of two diesel and petrol engines. the two petrol variant include a 1.2-litre which produces 130hp/230Nm of torque and a 1.6-litre unit pushing the power to 178Php and 250Nm of torque.
- The diesel variant comes with an option of a 1.5-litre engine producing 131 hp and 300Nm of torque and a massive 2.0-litre unit capable of generating 167hp and 400Nm of torque.
- The Citroen is based on the company’s EMP2 platform which has been previously featured in other models as well.
- Additionally, these massive figures are sent to the front wheels with the help of a 6-speed manual and an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- Feature-wise the C5 Aircross features a massive 12.5 inches digital instrumental cluster, which adds a luxury touch to the dashboard. Additional features on the Citroen C5 Aircross include an 8.0-inch infotainment system equipped with Apple Car Play and Andriod Auto.
- Panoramic sunroof, hands-free parking and lane assist are also in works for the Indian spec.
- Honestly, the C5 aircross looks very rugged and supports split headlamps and a huge grille which helps the car to maintain its airflow.
- Leading media reports suggest that the Citroen C5 Aircross will come with a price tag of not more than ₹ 30 Lakhs and will rival the Volkswagen Tiguan.