Amidst the total lockdown of the country due to coronavirus, automakers are trying to make sure that their customers stay delighted in such times. India’s second-largest carmaker, Hyundai Motor India has announced that it will be extending the period of free services and extended warranties. The decision has been made as the customers cannot approach the service centres for the scheduled car service as the dealerships and service centres are closed for 21 days.
- The company has announced that the customers will be given an extra 2 months for getting the service done.
- Hyundai Motor India has told the customers that the period is extended for both standard and extended warranty. It also covers the free service period.
- So if your car service’s due date is lying in this period, don’t worry you have another 2 months after the lockdown is lifted.
- In addition to Hyundai, carmakers like Toyota, Mahindra and Mahindra and Tata Motors have also announced their plan extend the period.
- Hyundai has already suspended its production operations at the Chennai plant in order to keep its staff protected from the COVID19.
- The company had recently launched Hyundai Creta 2020. The car got a massive response but the coronavirus lockdown will surely affect the sales.
The COVID19 or coronavirus lockdown has led the already suffering automobile industry towards a distressing year. Will the companies be able to revive after the lockdown is over. Or will this year be worse than the previous one?