It’s not news that Mahindra is all set to launch the Next-gen iteration of the Thar, The next-gen Mahindra Thar on October 2nd 2020.
With just a few to go from its official launch, Mahindra has announced that the 1st Thar to come out of the production line will be auctioned.
You can register to participate in the auction via Mahindra’s official website. Additionally, the auction will take place from September 24-29th, 2020.
What is the auction meant to raise?
- The auction is set to raise funds to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The raised amount and Mahindra’s matching amount can be donated to three charities- Naandi Foundation, the Swades Foundation and the PM Cares Fund.
- The auction will be conducted online by MFCW(Mahindra First Choice Wheels).
- The initial bidding will be conducted by Ernst & Young, while all other prospective figures are required to deposit a refundable amount at the time of registration.
Will the auctioned Thar feature something unique?
- The one of one auction model will feature a ‘Thar #1’ badge alongside a customised badging of the customer’s initials.
- Additionally, the seat cover will also bear the serial number ‘1’.
- Moreover, the winning bidder will also get to choose between the four engine-gearbox option, trim levels and 6-colour schemes.
What powers the 2020 Mahindra Thar?
- Under its hood, we will get to see 2.0L mStallion petrol engine churning 150bhp with 320 Nm of peak torque.
- There will also be a 2.2L mHawk diesel motor generating 130bhp with 300 Nm of peak torque.
- Both the engines will come mated to a standard 6-speed manual and an optional 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- The new age Thar will also be offered in 2-variants the AX (Standard) and the LX (feature-loaded).
Know more about the 2020 Mahindra Thar HERE