Indian automaker Force is expected to showcase its next-generation SUV called the Gurkha in Auto Expo 2020. It was seen being tested on Indian roads in Pune and will be BS6 compliant.
Force Gurkha | Engine Specifications
Gurkha SUV will have an engine which is not much of a surprise for an SUV like this.
- It will feature a 2.2 Litre BS6 compliant engine.
- Gurkha will be powered by 140 horses and will have a torque of 321Nm.
- The next-gen SUV will have a 5-speed manual transmission.
- The engine will be turbocharged with fixed geometry.
Force Gurkha | Interior/Exterior
The Force Gurkha will undergo some minor changes and most according to rumours will be exclusive to high-end variants.
- Gurkha will loose its double rear pane window and will replace it with a single glass.
- The body gets minor changes close to the rear wheel.
- Force is still going with the retro look on the SUV by not changing the headlamp shape.
- The Force logo in the front was also camouflaged which could indicate some changes coming around it.
- Higher variants will have a sturdy looking alloy wheel.
- Force Gurkha will feature a new dashboard, higher-quality seats on higher-end options.
- It will also have other minor additions to provide more comfort overall to its occupants.
Force Gurkha | Safety Features
Safety features on the next-gen Force Gurkha will mostly be focused on its capability to go offroad.
- Force will employ the use of a multi-link suspension system which is better than a generic suspension system providing better cushioning.
- It will also have a separate off-road gear allowing it the driver to control the car freely without worrying about gear shifts.
Popular Read: Kia Sonet (Venue-based SUV) Launch Confirmed in 2020
The next-gen Gurkha will rival Thar, Mahindra TUV 300 Plus and Mahindra Bolero0