Good news for people looking for a serious off-roader as Force India has officially teased the Gurkha on their Instagram handle. Well, this is been one of the most anticipated vehicles to launch in the market as it will rival the likes of the cult Mahindra Thar. Also, this is the first time we see the near-production Gurkha. If you are not aware, The new iteration of the Force Gurkha was showcased last year at the Auto Expo.
That said, will the new Force Gurkha is any better than before? and can it compete with the recently updated Thar? Well, answers to these question lie in the specifications of the new Force Gurkha.
What powers the new Force Gurkha?
Like the previous model, the new 2021 Force Gurkha may come powered with a couple of Mercedes sourced engines. For your information, earlier a 2.2litre Turbo diesel and 2.6-litre diesel motors were on offer.
- First talking about the more power 2.2-litre turbo diesel engine. This motor pushes about 140ps of power and 321Nm of peak torque.
- And to set the power down, the SUV may come with a 5-speed transmission like before. Not to forget, this was available only with a 4X4 drivetrain.
- The other engine may be the 2.6-litre diesel motor. Well, earlier this motor used to generate 85hp of max power and 230Nm of maximum torque. Again, this motor too may come with a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Moving on, this is the engine to choose if the 4X2 drivetrain you are after. Nevertheless, there also exist a 4X4 drivetrain option with this engine.
Will there be any changes in and out?
Considering the spy shots, we can see sure Force motors has definitely worked upon making the cabin a little more interesting this time. But the catch is the new 2020 Mahindra Thar is looks and feels a little more advanced.
- Still, the new 2021 Force Gurkha will support a multicolour touch screen infotainment system.
- Also, we can expect the new Gurkha to have a revised more utilitarian dash with a different steering wheel.
- Alongside that, the new off-roader may also get a better instrument cluster with more information about the vehicle for the driver.
- It is the exterior that my get minimal changes.
Price and its rivals
The pre BS6 model was priced somewhere around ₹9 to 11Lakhs, but this time the new 2021 Force Gurkha may witness a slight price hike. Keeping that aside Force Gurkha will rival the likes of the recently updated Mahindra Thar.
Related Read: 2021 Force Gurkha: 7 New Things That You Need To Know