The American multinational automaker, Ford Motor has recently released a teaser revealing an all-new version of the legendary SUV, The Bronco. The world premiere as confirmed by the carmaker is going to be in the spring of 2020.
- The youtube video of the teaser shows an experimental Bronco prototype cruising through an offroad terrain of the Mojave desert. The final production-ready SUV may vary a bit from the visible one.
- The iconic Bronco will be coming back after almost two decades. The test mule video was not able to reveal a lot about the SUV. But we can expect the rugged Bronco to have a removable roof and door panels to make it offroad ready.
- The SUV can be expected to have the same features such as three-door and four-door body styles, round headlamps that can be seen in the Jeep Wrangler which is sold internationally. It may be noted that the Wrangler was released last year as a five-door variant.
Suggested Read: Ford Vs Ferrari | An Epic Rivalry | A True Story
- The ladder-frame chassis of the Bronco is expected to be laden by the same 2.3-litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine which powers the Ford Endeavour. The EcoBoost engine produces a power of 274hp and a peak torque of 420Nm. The icon may also have another variant powered by the V6 2.7-litre turbo-petrol engine which can churn up to 330hp of power and a peak torque of 542Nm.
- When it comes to transmission, Ford most probably will mate the engine with a 10-speed torque converter automatic gearbox and a four-wheel-drive system. A manual option may also be offered.
All being said, Ford is unlikely to launch the Legendary Bronco in the Indian market. Ford Endevaour is already a hit with the customers. There is a possibility that the company reveals the icon here too if the condition of the industry improves.
Check out the teaser here.