Ford India has finally added a new variant to the EcoSport line-up. The all-new 2021 Ford EcoSport SE. The new EcoSport SE is priced at ₹10.49 Lakhs for petrol and ₹10.99 Lakhs for the diesel variant.
Another unusual thing about the new SE variant is that it does not feature its iconic rear-mounted spare wheel. which clearly indicates that the Ecosport could come with a puncture repair kit instead of a spare wheel.
What are the engine specifications?
- Out of the blue, the new Ford EcoSport SE will be offered with two engine options.
- A 1.5-litre three-cylinder TiVCT petrol unit generating 122 PS of power and 149 Nm of torque.
- While the diesel variant will come equipped with a 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine pushing 100 PS of power with 215Nm of peak torque.
- Both engine option will come matted to a standard 5-speed manual gearbox.
- Additionally, the SE variant will come under the titanium trim.
What else will the new SE variant of the Ford Ecosport offer?
- Apart from shedding its rear-mounted spare wheel, it does feature a few minor upgrades including a new dual-tone rear bumper with a silver-finished faux skid plate.
- It will also feature Ford’s Sync 3 infotainment system accompanied by Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with built-in Ford Pass app integration.
- Safety features include 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, a rear camera, and a rear wiper and defogger comes standard.
Whom will it rival against?
- With its launch, the new SE variant will rival the likes of the Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Toyota Urban Cruiser, Hyundai Venue, Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet, and Renault Kiger.