What is Ford upto? After speculations of the American muscle taking off from India, Ford has introduced the automatic variant of the brands only in-production hatchback, The Ford Figo.
The all-new Ford Figo automatic has been launched at Rs. 7.75 lakhs (Ex-Showroom) for Titanium and Rs. 8.20 lakhs for the Titanium+ variant.
What powers the new automatic variant?
- The new automatic variant comes paired with the same 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine.
- This engine produces 96hp and 119Nm of torque while paired to a standard 6-speed manual and a new 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- Although this is not the first time Ford has introduced the automatic Figo.
- Back in 2019 when the brand launched the facelift of its sole hatchback, it was offered with the same 6-speed torque converter gearbox, but with a larger 1.5-litre Dragon petrol engine which produced 123hp.
Any change on the feature end?
- With only being offered with the top-spec Titanium and Titanium+ trims, the new automatic Figo comes equipped with a plethora of features.
- These features include a floating 7.0-inch infotainment system compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, FordPass connected app, automatic climate control, rain-sensing wipers and electrically adjustable ORVMs.
- Additional features include auto headlamps, keyless entry, push-button start and driver side height-adjustable seat.
What about rivals?
- With being one of the most underrated hatchbacks, it does rival the likes of the Tata Altroz, Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.