Ford Ranger, Ford Super Duty and the almighty Ford Raptor are on top of the charts when it comes to off-roading. We are happy to report that the Ford Ranger might debut in the Indian market soon. If you are not aware, Ford Ranger is the crew-cab version of Ford Endeavour sold in India. But the similarities end there. This is what the Truck may possess.
The Brawny Off-Road Kit
Let’s start with the USPs of the Ford Ranger, the Engine. On paper, the engine is similar to the one in Endeavour. But in addition, the Ranger gets a couple of turbos instead of one.
- This boots the power to 213hp and torque to a jaw-dropping 500Nm. However, this gets interesting as this Pick-up too gets a 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Along with that Ford Ranger gets all the kit one could associate with off-roading. Well, not just simple off-roading but hard-core, including Baja and rock climbing.
- The different driving modes make it possible for the truck to conquer almost all the terrains.
- Talking about the driving modes, the Ranger comes with 6 to boast about, gravel, grass, snow, rock climbing above all Baja mode. This is where the truck unleashes its full potential.
- Fords are known to have good ground clearance; Ranger is no different. Just make myself clear, This Ford gets a massive 283mm of ground clearance. Well, this is just on the edge of being illegal.
- Do you think that’s enough? Funny, cause Ranger Raptor also is capable of going deep into the water how deep? 800mm to be precise.
All the above makes the vehicle mean and rugged. Surely on road, it’ll grab a lot of eyeballs.
Does the Ford Ranger Raptor have a competition?
In one-word NO, Ford is said to bring the Ranger via the homologation-free route. But still, Jeep Wrangler is another off-roader at this price that might sit near this mean machine. This means, around 2500 units will be imported straight from the factory to the Indian shores. Naturally, the Ranger will be priced high. To know the exact pricing, we’d have to wait for its conformation. But until then we assume the vehicle to be priced at around ₹70 Lakhs.
So, let us know in the comment section below what do you think of the new Ford Ranger Raptor? Is it worth the price?
To the old times Remembering The Bajaj Prowler RR125: The High-Velocity Motorcycle