In March, Hyundai launched its beloved hatch ‘Grand i10 Nios’ in BS6 compliant engines. With many of the automotive manufacturers ditching the diesel motors the i10 get it in the BS6 trim. Alongside the petrol variants of the car, Hyundai promised to launch it in CNG variants too. Well, due to the pandemic the company launched the CNG variant of the car silently and just updated it on their website. What are the new CNG variants of the Grand i10 Nios like?
Though the new Hyundai Grand i10 Nios gets CNG as an option, the catch is that the company decided to launch it only in 2 variants.
- Magna – ₹6.62 lakhs (ex-showroom)
- Sportz- ₹7.16 lakhs (ex-showroom)
Powertrain and transmission
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios comes with a whole lot of configuration option when it comes to the engine and transmission. But the CNG variant arrives with only one engine and transmission option.
- CNG variants come with the new BS6 compliant 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine. It’ll run on CNG so the power is significantly down as compared to its petrol-only variant.
- The motor delivers about 68bhp instead of 82bhp of power and produces about 95Nm instead of 114Nm of peak torque.
- On the transmission front, this configuration only offers a 5-speed manual transmission.
- The combined fuel capacity of the hatchback is around 60litrs whereas the petrol-only variants get 37-litres.
Features | Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
Both the CNG variants ‘Magna’ and ‘Sportz’ are neither base nor range-topping variants but they still get a decent list of features.
- Magna being the less expensive variant, it gets a whole lot of safety features like dual airbags, headlight escort system, speed-sensing door locks, impact sensing door locks.
- On the inside, Hyundai Grand i10 Nios \gets a 2-Din integrated music system to keep you entertained on the run.
This is what paying nearly ₹54,000 for the sports variant get you.
- On the safety front, in addition to the features in Magna variant, this gets read parking sensors along with rear parking camera with guidance, a read defogger.
- On the outside, you can easily differentiate it with other variants as it gets alloy wheels and fog lamps for better visibility.
- Going inside this Hyundai offers an 8″ smart touch screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Automatic climate control, and in addition to that a MID inside the instrument cluster of the vehicle.