The stage is set for yet another Chinese carmaker to make its debut in the Indian Automotive sector. This time it’s the long talked about carmaker Great Wall Motors.
Although the brand was set to make its debut last year with the Haval F7 SUV and the concept H which were duly showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. However, the brand launch had to be delayed to the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, another reason for the brand to postpone the delay was India’s ban on Chinese products which led GWM to postpone its launch further. But now, the Chinese carmaker is all set to start its operations in India.
GWM has already set up its R&D centre in Karnataka and is also in talks with the Maharastra government for acquiring land for its new production unit.
Moreover, Great Wall Motors India has also made its website live which features the Haval F7 compact SUV which made its public debut at the 2020 Auto Expo.
The HAval F7 is also expected to be the first product for the brand’s India line-up. Much recently the brand has also trademarked the name “Jolion” which could also be the new name for the Indian version of the Haval F7 SUV.
What powers the Haval F7?
- The International spec features a 1.5L T-GDI turbo petrol and 2.0L T-GDI turbo petrol engines.
- Both motors produce 147hp with 280Nm and 187bhp with 340Nm respectively.
- The transmission option includes a standard 7-speed DCT
- It also offers both FWD and AWD modes.
What’s on the feature list?
Now, this is where things get serious!
- The feature list includes a driver side angled 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, power-adjustable seats, multifunctional steering wheel, TPMS, 360-degree camera, panoramic sunroof, automatic climate control.
What about rivals?
- The Haval F7 stands at 4620mm in length, 1846mm in width and 1690mm in height, which makes it a perfect rival MG Hector, Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass.