If you thought that Harley Davidson was gone, then its time to rethink! Back in 2019, Harley announced its partnership with Chinese two-wheeler manufacturer Qianjiang.
To make things crystal clear Qianjiang also Benelli. However, there were no official details about any project under this JV. With that said, It is speculated that the JV is working on developing an entry-level roadster that will be sold under Harley’s nameplate.
Going by media reports, the new entry-level roadster is set to be based on Benelli’s 302S platform and will be Asia specific. Much recently Harlay has also revealed the 338R Street Tracker concept which is also based on the 302S.
As of now, details about the JV’s new product is scarce. However, a new set of images have stormed the internet. These suggest that the design of the rumoured entry-level motorcycle may resemble HDs Iron 883.
What else do we know about the new Royal Enfield rival?
- Well, going by the leaked images, the new bike features the typical Harley styling.
- Certain reports also suggest the new motorcycle to get a brand new 296cc V-twin engine.
- The new engine is good enough to produce 30bhp and is expected to with around 163kgs.
- The styling cues also look similar to the infamous Harley Davidson Iron 883 cruiser.
- The new Enfield rival is also expected to feature a water-cooled, overhead-cam V-Twin motor and upside-down front forks.
- The leaked images also reveal the low stance of the cruiser accompanied by all-black alloys and a few other features.
- However, we are still not sure whether Harley will launch the new motorcycle in India or not.
- If it does, the new cruiser will rival the likes of the existing legends- Royal Enfield and Jawa.