GoMechanic in an earlier post reported that the Chinese automaker: Great Wall Motors will be making an official entry to India. And finally, GMW has made its debut with the Haval H6. The H6 is a compact SUV which will rival the newcomer MG Hector in India.
Must Read: Chinese Cars To Make It Big In India
Haval H6 SUV | Highlights
- The Haval H6 comes offered in two BS6 compliant petrol engine options. A 1.5-litre Turbo-GDI engine producing 160bhp and 280 nm of torque and a 2.0-litre T-GDI unit pushing 190bhp and 340 Nm of torque. As of now, the H6 is not offered with a diesel engine option.
- Both the engine comes mated to a 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission with all the power going to the front wheels (FWD).
- Visually, the Haval H6 comes loaded with features like dual-zone climate control, panoramic sunroof, LED head and tail lamps, cruise control. Surprisingly, smartphone connectivity with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is missing on the offering list.
- Safety features on the H6 SUV include ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brakeforce distribution) and ESP (electronic stability program). Additional features 360-degree camera, lane departure warning and cross-traffic alert is also available with the car.
- The H6 SUV will be making its India debut at the 2020 Auto Expo and the prices are yet to be revealed. Although, we speculate that the Haval H6 will be priced in the range of ₹15 to ₹18 lakhs.
- Great Wall Motors will be showcasing its complete line-up of cars in the upcoming Auto Expo 2019. The showcase will also include the Haval H9; a Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour rival.
- The Haval H6 will compete against the likes of Mahindra XUV500, MG Hector and the Tata Harrier in India.