“Design is not simply art, it is the elegance of function”. Cars have been a thing of fascination for a lot of people around the globe. Revving engines, spooling turbo, exhaust notes and anything related to cars can take you to another level of satisfaction. Some people take love for their cars to another level by modifying them. We are going to have a look at one such modification of a Honda Accord.
Accords have been one of the nicest cars to sit in. The sweet humming engine, accurate steering and perfectly carved shifters make Honda Accord a car with world-class comfort. But what happens when you take this to another level?
An automotive Enthusiast, Abees, has tastefully modified his Honda Accord to a beastly looking Camelon. With wide-body stance, this Accord is a feast to the eyes. Have a look at the video made by Nitro Street:
The beauty has been upgraded using the following modifications:
- Airlift Performance Air Suspension
- Aftermarket LED headlamps and Taillights
- Customized Widebody kit
- Custom exhaust with Valvetronic system
- K&N Air Filter
- Broader wheels with custom alloy wheels
- For those who don’t know what a Valvetronic exhaust system is, it is a variable valve system that allows the exhaust to be branched into two paths. This system has been widely used in Ferraris and Lamborghinis from a very long time now.
- The high-flow air filter allows more air to gush into the engine allowing better power production for the workhorse.
- Air suspension makes sure that the ride is smooth and comfortable. The LED headlamps and taillights make sure that the Accord looks like the Mugen one.
Honda Accord: The Un-modified specs
The accord used in this modification is an 8th generation model. This gen Accord is already a more robust, bold and aggressive looking one. A 2.4-litre i-VTEC petrol engine that produces over 178hp of power and a peak torque of 222Nm powers the sedan. A 5-speed manual transmission does the duty of transferring power to the wheels.
Talking about the features, the Accord hits the right chords with the plethora of features like multi-functional steering wheel, power windows, rear AC vents, 8-way power driver seat, rear armrest with audio control, keyless entry with trunk opener, noise and vibration reduction carpet, lockable glove box and so on.
With already offering so much, Honda has left no stone unturned to make the Accord safe. It has ABS with EBD, Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body, G-force control tech, front active headrest, six airbags, seatbelt pretensioners and much more to make sure you drive safe.
With such modifications done, Honda Accord achieves a class of another level. Such mods don’t overshadow the base car yet make it more elegant and muscular. Stay tuned while we bring you more such modifications. What are your thoughts about this Honda Accord? Let us know in the comments section below.