Honda Cars India has announced that its compact sedan, Amaze has clocked a commutative sales of over 4 lakh units. Launched in April 2013, Honda Amaze has taken the compact sedan market by storm. Offering performance, features, comfort as well as safety, Honda Amaze has been chosen across the countries by customers.
Speaking on the achievement, Mr Rajesh Goel, Senior Vice President and Director, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd. said a few points about the Amaze:
- The compact sedan has been one of the key pillars of Honda’s business in India.
- Customers have shown their love towards Honda Amaze, enabling the company to sell over 4 lakh units of the car.
- 42% of the buyers of this car are first-time buyers. It proves that Honda Amaze is a great car for first-time buyers.
It offers reliability as well as low maintenance cost. The first generation was launched back in April 2013. This generation saw 2.6 lakh units sales until March 2018. The second-gen Honda Amaze came in May 2018. Since then, further 1.4 lakh units have been sold.
What does the current-gen Honda Amaze offers?
The car currently offers two engine options: 1.5-litre i-DTEC and 1.2-litre i-VTEC. It is available with a 5-speed manual and CVT transmission for both the engine options. It also has paddle shifters (1st in the segment) in the CVT variants. Some of the features that the cars offer are:
- Automatic AC
- 17.7 cm Touchscreen Infotainment System with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Support
- Height-adjustable driver seat
- Engine start/stop button
- Power folding ORVM with LED turn indicators
- Alloy Wheels
- Front fog lamps
- Multi-function steering with voice command
- Cruise Control
Honda’s compact sedan is BIG on Safety. It offers:
- Dual-airbags at the front
- ABS with EBD
- ISOFIX Child Seat Anchorage
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Rear Parking Camera