Honda, the automotive giant has launched two new premium motorcycles, CB 650R and CBR 650R in India. The motorcycles are priced at ₹8.67 Lakhs and ₹8.88 Lakhs (ex-showroom) respectively.
Usually, all the vehicles from Honda are priced a little high and these couple of motorcycles are no exception. In the new BS6 alteration, the CBR 650R is expensive by a little under ₹1.20 Lakhs. Well, that’s a huge leap.
Also, the two motorcycles have been introduced through the Honda’s Big Wing platform. And these Big Wing showrooms reside at 6 locations namely in Mumbai, Gurugram, Indore, Bengaluru, Kochi, and Hyderabad.
What’s new in the 2021 Honda’s 650s?
The talking point about the new CBR 650R has to be its powertrain. And this is something we are not talking in a positive way.
- Honda launched both motorcycles with Euro-5 emission norms in the global market earlier this year but the power figures remain the same. (Power: 94hp and Torque: 64Nm)
- But it’s sad to report that this is not the case with the motorcycles we are getting here in India. Like before the power figures are down.
- Talking engine, both CB 650R and CBR 650R are powered by a 648.72cc, I-4 engine that generates 85.8hp and 57.5Nm of peak torque.
- One of the USP of the motorcycle is the engine refinement (typical of Honda) and cheap after-sales service.
- In addition, both the bikes get a better and larger display for the digital readout.
- Standard features on both the motorcycles include, slip and assist clutch, traction control and dual-channel ABS.
Many of the features are carried over from before like LED headlights and taillights, a 4-1 swept-back exhaust and more.
On the contrary, the naked version gets a round LED headlight and a little better ground clearance than the fully faired model. Rest all the equipment and specifications is shared with the CBR 650R.
Honda CB 650R and CBR 650R Competes against?
As of now, there is no immediate comparison of the CBR 650R. But if it is the naked motorcycle we are after, it competes against a couple of more powerful motorcycles like the Triumph Street Tripple R and Kawasaki Z900.
Recently Launched: Honda CB500X Launched in India at ₹6.87 Lakhs
Interesting Read: 10 Most Googled Questions On Honda In India, Answered!