Honda Cars India is all ready to launch the iconic Honda City in a BS6 compliant avatar. The BS6 equipped City will only be available in the petrol variant. The history of the Honda City goes back to 1997 when the car was pitched against the Opel Astra and the Ford Escort. The Honda City has been dominating the C-segment sedan category for decades.
The New 5th gen 2020 Honda City is expected to be showcased in the February 2020 Auto Expo and will be unveiled by the end of 2020.
Honda City BS6 | Highlights
- As per a document procured by Autocar India, Honda has managed to get a BS6 ready certification for its 1.5-litre petrol engine. Hence, a BS6 Honda City launch is expected soon.
- The document states that the Honda City BS6 will be offered in 4 variants only; City 1.5 SV MT, City 1.5 V MT, City 1.5 VX MT and City 1.5 ZX MT
- The BS6 compliant 1.5-litre SOHC, i-VTEC, 4-cylinder petrol engine produces 120 bhp and 145 nm of torque and will be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
- There have been no reports of a BS6 petrol engine paired with a CVT (continuously variable transmission).
- Honda also has the 1.5, DOHC, i-DTEC, 4-cylinder, diesel engine that produces 100 ps and 200 nm of torque. As of now, there is no news of a BS6 compliant diesel engine.
- The Honda City is priced in the range of ₹9.81 lakh to ₹14.16 (ex-showroom, Delhi). There are speculations that the prices for the BS6 Honda City might be hiked.
- The Honda City rivals the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Vento and Skoda Rapid.
Also Read: 2020 Honda Jazz Revealed Ahead Of Launch0