Recently Japanese carmaker Honda launched its most-awaited model and the fifth generation of the City sedan in India after a 3-month long wait due to the on-going coronavirus pandemic. The City sedan has been in the market for the past 22 years and is still the brands most iconic model to date.
- The City sedan has also been an initial source of the brand’s bread and butter in the country that even though Honda has introduced the fifth-generation of the City sedan the brand still continues to sell the previous-gen along with the new-gen.
- However, Honda has now decided to restrict the previous fourth-gen City to only two trim levels- SV and V.
- Both the designated models will only come with a BS6 compliant petrol MT powertrain while the diesel and petrol CVT engine options have been discontinued.
- The 4th-gen City sedan still holds its previous BS6 compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine with a SOHC (Single Overhead Camshaft) layout generating 117bhp with 145 Nm of peak torque.
Must Read: Old Honda City Vs New 2020 Honda City
- While the new fifth-generation mid-size sedan gets a new and more frugal 1.5-litre DOHC (Double Overhead Camshaft), i-VTEC petrol engine churning 121hp with 145 Nm of peak torque.
- Variant-wise, the new City sedan comes in three trim levels- V, VX and ZX further segregated into petrol MT, petrol CVT and diesel MT trim.
- The fourth-gen City sedan was previously offered in SV, V, VX and ZX trims which have now been reduced to just SV and V base-level variants priced at Rs 9.91 lakh and 10.66 lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The initial price gap between the fourth and fifth-generation City sedan’s base-level models is a mere Rs 24,000.
- Feature-wise the V variant on the new City sedan offers some premium features including side airbags, traction control, ESC, hill-start assist, a tyre pressure monitor, projector headlights, a part-digital instrument cluster, adjustable rear headrests and an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system which the previous-gen misses out on.
Fourth-gen Honda City Vs Fifth-gen Honda City- Variant-Wise Prices (New)
Variant-Wise Price (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)
|Variants||Fourth-gen Honda City||
Fifth-gen Honda City
|SV MT||₹ 9.91 lakh||–|
|V MT||₹ 10.66 lakh||₹ 10.99 lakh|
|V CVT||–||₹ 12.20 lakh|
|VX MT||–||₹ 12.26 lakh|
|VX CVT||–||₹ 13.56 lakh|
|ZX MT||–||₹ 13.15 lakh|
|ZX CVT||–||₹ 14.45 lakh|