Riding a motorcycle is not just passion, but much more than that. Till now Royal Enfield was the one leading the cruisers and thumper segment. The day has come where Honda launches its all-new motorcycle to compete with their competition.
Honda, with the new high-end bikes, has planned a lot for the buyers of these motorcycles. This bike manufacturer unveiled an all-new upmarket buying experience exclusively for high-end motorcycles like the Africa Twin, Fireblade and more. This new venture from Honda is called the ‘Honda Big Wing’ that was first inaugurated in Gurugram earlier this year. Later many more such showrooms are promised by the year-end. With that said, Honda’s new motorbike H’ness will be sold in the premium ‘Big Wing showrooms’ across India.
Honda has been secretive enough about the H’ness as the motorcycle was not been spied or not even its small glimpse was teased. Only the exhaust note was bragged a while back. So, Let’s get started with what the bike was expected to be and where Honda has led us to.
Honda H’ness was a thumper from the day they teased the exhaust note of H’ness or the CB350. After recently unveiling the Honda CB350:
|Engine||348.36cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder|
|Transmission||5-gears with Multiplate Wet Clutch|
|Power||21 ps @ 5500rpm|
|Torque||30 Nm @ 3000rpm|
|Bore X Stroke||70mm X 90.5mm|
- The motorcycle gets a promising 348cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine.
- This BS6 compliant motor is good enough to produce 21ps of max power and 30Nm of peak torque. These numbers in no way are not earth-shattering.
- Besides, Honda exclaims that the engine is refined and free of harsh vibrations, as a long-stroke single-cylinder motor produces a lot of vibes. This is because of an innovative engine design with a counter-balancer shaft that fairly dampens them.
Features On Offer
Honda H’ness just excels when it comes to features, as the motorcycle has a ton of them.
- Starting with All-LED headlights that illuminate the road well.
- Honda Smartphone voice control system is also a part of the kit.
- The new CB350 also boasts of a ‘Honda Selectable Torque Control’ System.
- A beautiful instrument cluster you’ll surely not get bored to look at.
In terms of looks, it was not wrong to expect the motorcycle to have a long wheelbase as a cruiser should. In simple words, we assumed the Honda H’ness to have really low seating position with front set foot pegs and a fairly long handlebar, lending the bike a comfortable ride. All these expectations went in vain as Honda had a totally different thing in mind.
With this new design scheme:
- Honda H’ness keeps the rider more in an upright position which is equally relaxing.
- Also, the flat handlebar is what that adds comfort during the long commutes or rides. Additionally, these handlebars allow the motorbike to have nimble dynamics.
Honda didn’t even give us a hint of what the bike looks like. But now the motorcycle is unveiled, it looks more of a mixture of motorcycles. Sure, it is more towards the retro side, but the looks will definitely appeal the Indian customers.
Honda H’ness Expected Price and its Rivals
Being a part of the cruiser in our country, Honda H’ness will rival the Royal Enfields and the Jawas in the market. Honda will price the motorcycle with sole ‘competition’ in mind. That said, during the unveiling, Honda gave an idea of the price of the motorcycle will be around ₹1.90Lakhs. Honda H’ness comes with many features, has decent power on tap and is offered with the premium Honda Big Wing dealerships. Combining all the factors, it seems that the motorcycle at the price might give a tough competition.