Honda has some great plans for the Indian market as the folks at Rushlane captured the third-gen Honda Insight uncamouflaged on Indian roads. The on-test model was caught with, what looks like an emissions testing rig attached to the car.
3rd-Gen Honda Insights Spied In India | Highlights
- The Honda Insight is a hybrid sedan powered by a 1.5-litre Atkinson cycle petrol engine working in tandem with an electric motor through a 7-speed e-CVT (continuously variable transmission).
- The hybrid engine on the Honda Insight produces 151bhp which delivers instant torque right from the go, thanks to the electric motor assist. The Honda Insight can do 0 to 60 kmph in 7.7 seconds flat.
- The Honda Insight hybrid sedan showcases some radical features like driver assistance system with lane keep assist, collision mitigation braking system, traffic sign recognition system and road departure mitigation system.
- Other standard features on the Insight hybrid sedan are standard adaptive cruise control, traction control, ABS with EBD, vehicle stability assist and tyre pressure monitoring system.
- Inside the cabin of the Honda Insight features a touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and smartphone connectivity, push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control system, electrically adjustable driver seat, heated front seats and LED ambient lights.
- There is no official confirmation from Honda regarding launching the Insight in India. How ever, the Insight test-driving on Indian roads sparks curiosity. It may be that car companies test their cars in varied climates and weathers to further improve their product offering.
Exclusive! New Honda City BS6 Launch Soon