Amidst the festive gloss and a slight increase in sales in the Indian automobile sector HMSI (Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India) has abruptly sent almost 300 contractual workers have been asked to go on indefinite leave last week for reasons unknown.
Honda Sends 300 Workers On Indefinite Leave | Report
- Reports also suggest that initially, Honda had drawn a list of a total of 650 employees which they are planning to send them on indefinite leaves.
- With 300 already been asked to go on their leaves. It seems that another 350 are in the queue. With that said over 2000 workers were seen protesting against this policy with heavy police deployment both inside and outside the Gurgaon-Manesar Premises.
- Suresh Gaur President, workers union at Honda Motorcycles and Scooter India stated “Based on demand fluctuations and production adjustment, 200 contractual members whose term had been completed have been relieved. Necessary recruitment will be considered on the basis of future market requirements.”
You May Like: New Honda Breeze Unveiled | Not Officially India-Bound
- To show their anger and strong disagreement around 300 workers protested outside the company’s Gurgaon-Manesar plant
- According to one of the labours working at the plant, “Honda is in no mood to retain any contractual workers who have been sent on indefinite leaves although we have been assured that we will surely be called but it still we are not sure when will they call us.”
- Adding further Deputy Labour Commissioner Ajay Kumar also stated that “They will try to get those who have been asked to go on leave jobs in other places or financial assistance as sought by them. A large police contingent has been deployed in the area.”
Exclusive! 2020 Honda Jazz Revealed Ahead Of Launch0