Car manufacturers like Honda, Toyota, Ford, Jeep and Fiat have decided to skip the Auto Expo 2020 being held in Greater Noida. Even luxury carmakers like BMW, Audi, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) and Lexus will be skipping the Auto Expo next year.
Must Read: Great Wall Motors To Make Its Debut In India
- Auto Expo is a biennial automotive event which is Asia’s largest and world’s second-largest motor event organised in Greater Noida, NCR, India. It is jointly organised by the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
- The Auto Expo 2020 will be held in Greater Noida from 7th February to 12th February 2020.
- Two-wheeler manufacturers like TVS Motor Company, Hero MotoCorp, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India are also avoiding the Auto Expo in 2020. Ashok Leyland is also reportedly not attending the Auto Expo.
- Whereas, top automobile players like Maruti Suzuki, Kia Motors, MG (Morris Garages), Hyundai, Tata Motors, Renault, Skoda, Volkswagen and Mercedes Benz will be attending the Auto Expo 2020.
- A possible cause for this can be attributed to the economic slow down in the Indian automobile industry. The automobile sector in India has been going through a major crisis with almost every car manufacturer in India reporting a pile-driving drop in new car sales.
- However, the event organisers for the Auto Expo 2020 are in touch with the manufactures who are missing the Expo this year.
- A report by SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers) revealed that domestic new car sales fell for the sixth consecutive month of the FY 2019-20. The new car sales volume plummeted 22.41% to 20,04,932 units in September.
- The overall domestic new car sales dropped consecutively; 15.93% in April, 8.62% in May, 12.34% in June, 18.71% in July and 23.55% in August.
You May Like Mahindra XUV400 In Making | Launch In 20200