Less than a day after the Hyundai announced the bookings of the soon to launch 7-seater version of the Creta, The Hyundai Alcazar. The brochure of the new Tata Safari rival has surfaced on the internet revealing almost everything about the 3-row Hyundai Creta.
Anything new on the Mechanical front?
- According to the brochure the new 7-seater from Hyundai will be offered with 2 engine options.
- A 2.0-litre petrol MPi and a 1.5-litre diesel CRDi engine
- The petrol motor generates 159ps at 6500 rpms with a peak torque of 191 Nm at 4500 rpms.
- While the diesel unit produces 115ps power at 4000rpm with a peak torque of 250Nm at 2750 rpm.
- Both engines offer a standard 6-speed manual and an option 6-speed automatic gearbox.
- With an additional 3rd row it also boasts a massive and best in segment wheelbase of 2760 mm.
- The extended wheelbase provides and more comfort and better stability.
Any new first in segment features?
This is where things get serious. The new MG Hector Plus gets a plethora of new and first in segment features.
- It gets a first in segment 26.03 cm (10.25″) multi-display digital cluster
- Bose premium sound system (8 Speakers)
- Auto healthy air purifier with AQI display
- Front row seatback table with retractable cup-holder and IT device holder
- Front row sliding sunvisor
- Side foot step
- Rear window sunshade
Any other feature updates?
- Apart from these first in segment features we also get to see some best in segment feature like Voice enabled smart panoramic sunroof 2nd row one touch tip and tumble seats (Captain & 60:40 Split Seats), Drive mode select (comfort | eco | sport, Traction control modes (snow | sand | mud).
- Addtional features include Puddle lamps with Hyundai logo projection, 64 colours ambient lighting, Power driver seat – 8 Way, Advanced Hyundai Blue Link (Connected-Car technology).
- Apart from these major updates we also get to see some feature taken from the Creta like a 10-inch infotainment system, cognac brown interior, cooled glovebox etc.
What about seating options?
- The Hyundai Alcazar will be offered in a 6 and 7 seater option.
- The 6-seater option will feature a captain seats in the second row
- While the 7-seater gets a bench seats for both the second and third row
- We will also get to multiple traction options – Snow/Mud/Sand
Any new variant or Colour options
The Hyundai Alcazar in 6 variants and 6 colour options.
- Signature (O)
- Prestige (O)
- Platinum (O)
Additionally, these 6 variants will be divided into 17 trims depending upon the engine and seating options. Furthermore, the soon to launch MG Hector Plus rival will also be offered in 6 colour options.
- Typhoon Silver
- Titan Grey
- Taiga Brown
- Starry Night
- Polar White
- Phantom Black
What about launch and rivals?
- Going by leading media Hyundai is expected to launch by 18th June
- With its launch, the new 7-seater Creta will rival the likes of the recently launched Tata Safari, Mg Hector Plus and the Mahindra XUV500.