2020 Hyundai Creta launched amid the coronavirus pandemic. The launch on 18th March was met with a 21-day lockdown that started on 24th March. During the lockdown, all non-essential services are not allowed and this includes selling and buying of cars through visiting dealerships.
Sales data, however, reveals that in a mere of 5 days Hyundai Creta has over 14,000 bookings and has already dispatched 6,703 cars. The waiting time for the car was around 8 weeks on the day of launch.
Hyundai Creta | Engine Specifications
- The naturally aspirated 1.5L petrol engine is available in all the trims.
- The engine produces a healthy 115ps of power and 144Nm of torque.
- The engine is paired with a 6-speed manual or with a choice of getting a CVT
- The second engine option is a diesel engine which is similar to the one mentioned above the only difference being a torque convertor automatic transmission instead of CVT.
- The third engine is a 1.4L turbocharged engine paired with a DCT transmission.
- All of these engines are of course BS6 compliant which should go without saying.
The 2020 Hyundai Creta is available for 17.20 Lakhs (top model) and surprisingly all of the three options are getting the same love, unlike most cars that sell more petrol than diesel.
2020 Creta is Hyundai’s attempt to regain the top position in the midsize SUV segment but it has a tough competition ahead. First reports give it a good chance against the giant of the SUV market right now, Kia Seltos.
Currently, Kia Seltos sold 7,466 units while Creta sold 763 units less which does give Seltos the edge over Creta for now as the lockdown figures are not really representative for the longer run.
Suggested Read: Hyundai Sales Report March 2020: Creta Leads The Car-avan