sHyundai Creta created a huge hype before getting launched. The next-gen Hyundai Creta was launched earlier this week. It is aggressively priced and starts from ₹9.99lakhs to ₹17.20 (Ex-Showroom). Alongside that, it offers 3 BS6 compliant engine options. It’ll be giving a tough competition to its rivals. Or will it? let’s find out.
New Hyundai Creta gets many new first in class and exciting features and misses out on some.
Yay’s! | Hyundai Creta 2020
- Paddle Shifters (only in an automatic transmission)
One of the segment-first is the paddle shifters. Though they offered only in the automatic trim it makes the drive even more exciting.
- Panoramic Sunroof
Creta is the first SUV in this segment to get a panoramic sunroof. This results in a more plush look from inside the cabin. It also increases the airiness inside the car.
- BlueLink connected car tech
The car also offers Hyundai’s own connected car tech called the BlueLink. This comes with many features like the remote car start, remote climate control, geofencing, etc. And this is also operable via voice commands.
- Driving Modes and all Digital Speed Readout
The Hyundai comes with different driving modes. Similar to the paddle shifters this feature is only available in the top-spec automatic trim. One can select different desired driving modes. The driving modes will alter the throttle response, the steering weight and the user can also tweak the traction modes through the menu.
No’s | Hyundai Creta 2020
- Front Parking SensorsHyundai Creta misses on a feature that is offered in some lower segment cars. Considering the size of the SUV front parking sensors were a welcome touch. But of course, after some driving, we can get used to the parking spots.
- Telescopic Steering adjustmentIt is really sad to see that the old king of the mid-size SUV misses on a very useful feature of adjustment. Or instance it is offered in Creta’s sibling Kia’s Seltos.
- Rain Sensing WipersAutomatic wipers are features with a modern touch and most of the cars at this price point come with the conveyance of Rain Sensing Wipers.
- 360° cameraIn addition to the front parking sensors, Creta also misses on the 360° camera for easier parking. Yet again Hyundai’s sibling Kia offers the same with its Seltos.
- Halogen Fog-LampsThe cars at this price point come with all led headlamps Creta being no different. But alongside that those cars also come with all LED fog lamps. this is where Creta cuts some corners. Foglamps in Creta come with old-school halogen bulbs.
The addons and the absences in the car can be a dealbreaker for some. What do you think about the new Hyundai Creta let us know in the comments?