Hyundai post the unveiling has finally launched the premium hatchback in its sporty avatar, i20 N-Line. Apart from the reworked aesthetic, the Hyundai i20 N-Line also gets some performance upgrades underneath. The Korean carmaker has launched this hatchback in 2 variants, starting from the N6 and the top end N8. Also, the prices, start from ₹9.84 Lakh (ex-showroom).
Hyundai i20 N-Line, Prices
As the cars from Hyundai are a little pricy when compared to its rivals, let’s just straight away dive into the important bit. How much the N-Line badged i20 will cost you? Before revealing the price, here is what you should know;
- The N6 variant is based on the Sportz trim of the conventional i20
- And the N8 variant of the N-Line line-up is borrowed from the top-end Asta trim.
With that out of the way, this is what the Hyundai i20 N-Line costs:
Hyundai i20 Prices
|i20 N-Line||Prices in Lakh (ex-showroom)
|N6 iMT||₹9.84||₹8.82||Sportz iMT|
|N8 iMT||₹10.87||₹9.92||Asta iMT|
|N8 DCT||₹11.75||₹10.74||Asta DCT|
What powers the Hyundai i20 N-Line?
Talking about the powertrain, the same motor that powers the conventional i20 comes with the N-Line i20.
|Engine||998cc T-GDi G3LC Turbo Petrol|
|Fuel Efficiency (ARAI Claimed)||20 kmpl|
- Speaking of which, under the hood, the N-Line also gets a 1.0-Litre 3 cylinder turbo petrol engine.
- This motor is capable of generating peak power of 120ps and 172Nm of peak torque. The power figures are also unchanged.
- Looking at the N-Line badge you might think that the i20 may also get a manual transmission, but think again. No, Hyundai has not given a sporty hatchback a manual transmission.
- Instead, setting the power down of the road via front wheels are two gearboxes, a 7-speed DCT automatic and a 6-speed iMT.
What are the changes over the conventional i20?
The most prominent changes that are seen in the new N-Line variant are in its driving feel and dynamics. Not to forget the cosmetic updates on the exterior and the interior of the vehicle.
- The new sportier variant gets a sportier and a little stiff suspension setup. This enhances the feedback on the steering and also reduces body roll. Also, this gives the driver confidence the required confidence to push harder.
- Also, the new i20 N-line also boasts disc brakes on all 4 sides reducing the braking distance by a margin. Now, on the racetrack, you can brake a little later and harder to gain that extra 10th of a second on your lap time.
- But the sad part is both the cars share a similar powertrain and drivetrain but to compensate for that Hyundai has given the i20 a different exhaust. And no my friends this ain’t just a cosmetic update, the Hyundai i20 N-Line does have a meaty roar.
Well, to know more about the changes and the differences between the Hyundai i20 N-Line and Hyundai i20.
Is there any competition?
Talking about the cars in the same price range, only a couple of cars come close to the Hyundai i20 N-Line. The cars that the N-Line pitches are the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI, and Tata Altroz i-Turbo. But considering the amount you are paying, both the cars are cheaper by quite a margin. So, is it worth buying? Well, to answer that, stay tuned, till we test drive the vehicle and bring our views about the N-Line for you. So, stay pinned!
Also, let us know in the comment section below what do you think about the new Hyundai i20 N-Line. Is it worth the premium over the conventional i20?