Hyundai Motor India Foundation, the CSR division of Hyundai India is announced its initiative towards helping the Central and State governments in the fight against COVID19 or Coronavirus. Under this extended support, the HMIF will be providing the front warriors, Medical personnel with the much-required protection and patient care equipment.
Speaking about the initiative, the company’s MD and CEO, Mr. SS Kim said, “In these challenging times, our Global Vision – ‘Progress for Humanity’, holds us firmly rooted in core values of community service. Hyundai is committed to supporting India in this fight against the COVID-19 crisis and we are advancing our CSR initiatives that are aimed at enhancing support and care of society & communities.”
Hyundai will be taking the following steps to ensure its contribution:
- Making a contribution to the ‘PM CARES’ Fund.
- Making a contribution to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Public Relief Fund.
- Equip the medical fraternity with advanced and precise COVID19 Diagnostic Kits imported from South Korea.
- Ensure the production of ventilators with the help of local manufacturers.
- HMIL has already submitted an in-house developed ventilator to the Government of Tamil Nadu for consideration.
- HMIL will also provide daily food items (necessary) in the form of dry ration to needy people in coordination with local government.
- Provide protection equipment in various states.
Hyundai India is also ensuring that the customers are not facing any issues at these grave times. It has extended the warranty and free service periods of cars. Customers that are related to any emergency work are being given roadside assistance. Each and every automobile manufacturer is trying to ensure the protection of the country from COVID19. You can also help others by staying home. Stay home, stay safe.
Have a look: 2020 Hyundai Creta: Diving into the performance package