It’s been almost a year since Hyundai launched the new Santro hatchback in the Indian market. The hatchback has since performed well in the market and Hyundai has been able to sell an average of 4000 units every month since its launch. With the festive season in play, Hyundai India has decided to launch the Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition to boost sales.
Read More: Hyundai Creta Diesel 1.6 E+ and EX Launched
Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition | Highlights
- The Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition features the same engine as that of the standard variant; a 1.1-litre four-cylinder petrol engine, generating 69 bhp and 99 nm of torque mated to a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT gearbox.
- The Santro Anniversary Edition is based on the Sportz trim level and features a variety of cosmetic changes.
- The Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition starts at ₹5.17 lakh, going up to ₹5.75 lakh for the AMT version (all prices, ex-showroom Delhi), which makes it about ₹10,000 more expensive than the mid-spec version.
- The new Anniversary Edition Santro is likely to help draw more prospective customers to the showrooms and against a number of rivals including the Tata Tiago, Maruti Suzuki Wagon R and the 2019 Renault Kwid facelift.
- On the exterior, the Santro Anniversary Edition includes an all blacked-out ORVM’s (outside rearview mirrors) and door handles, glossy black roof rails, gunmetal grey wheel covers, boot chrome garnish, bodyside moulding and a special Anniversary Edition emblem on the boot lid.
- The interior of the special edition Hyundai Santro comes with an all-black interior with blue inserts and new fabric design seats. The variant will be available in two colour variant including Polar white and Aqua Teal while the rest of the features remain the same.