Hyundai came up with its first EV in India lat year. Hyundai Kona was the first all-electric SUV in the Indian automotive market. The Pricing of the vehicle was around ₹23.70Lakhs (Ex-Showroom Delhi).
Hyundai Kona EV coming to the Indian automotive market made a very positive impact that companies started moving towards electrification. Came the answers to Hyundai Kona EV as MG launched ZS EV. Indian manufacturer TATA silently came up with Nexon EV.
Hyundai’s New Platform
- Hyundai in India is discussing producing a new vehicle from the ground up specifically for the Indian market.
- The new platform will offer the freedom to either adds a motor driven by a battery or the car would be driven by a conventional engine too.
- The car is said to be designed and manufactured in house and according to the response will be exported to the international markets.
- People at Hyundai are discussing and establishing deals with suppliers so that the car can be delivered in 2022.
- The car will rival the likes of Tata Nexon so will have the specs according to the market.
- One can assume the range to be around 300-400km in a single charge which is fairly good for the price point.
Considering Hyundai’s first all-electric vehicle people have their hopes high for the new inhouse Hyundai EV. It will not upfront the rival the bigger sibling the Kona but will surely affect the sales of Tata’s Nexon and MG’s ZS EV.
The estimated price will be around ₹13-Lakhs. The price might be under the Nexon price point which starts at around ₹14 Lakhs (Ex-Showroom Delhi)