The Hyundai Stargazer just made its debut in Indonesia, and this has sparked a question on whether an India launch will form or not. Read on to check the price in Indonesia (and conversions to INR), features, exterior, interior, and more details about the Hyundai Stargazer!
Hyundai Stargazer – Important Details
Launch Details, Price, And Platform
- Hyundai Stargazer production has started in Indonesia and is expected to launch in India sometime around next year.
- In Indian rupees, the Stargazer is expected to lie between a price bracket of 13 – 17 lakh rupees.
- It is based on the same platform as the Kia Carens.
Powertrain, Specs, And Variants
- When launched in the Indian market, the Hyundai Stargazer will give direct competition to the Kia Carens. Just like the Carens, it will most probably use the 1.4-liter turbo petrol unit that produces power of 138 bhp plus 242 Nm torque and a 1.5L diesel engine that makes 113 bhp and 250 Nm of torque. It will also carry a 1.5L NA petrol for lower variants.
- These engine options will be coupled with a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DCT. However, in Indonesia, it is offered with a manual and IVT transmission instead. Also, Check Out – The Manual Transmission Is Dying And Here’s Why! #savethestickshift
- It is available in 4 variants – Active, Trend, Style, and Prime variant arranged from base to top end variant.
Design, Exterior and Interior
- It will be in line with Hyundai’s new design language: One Curve Design. This makes it look super unique and different from the car designs of today.
- Talking about the exterior, it carries a split headlamp design, with the LED DRLs on the top. Just beneath lies the main square-roundish headlamps connected by the grille. The Hyundai Stargazer rides on jaunty alloys.
- On the rear, it has slim H-shaped LED lights, following the overall boxy appearance.
- Overall, the car has a boxy silhouette and is massive in dimensions. Hyundai says that the dimensions make it a perfect car for families in need of space. Check this out! – 10 Cars with the Best Rear Legroom Space
On the interior, it follows a minimalistic approach. It gets spacious and well-laid out practical interiors with spaces across the cabin such as trays, cup holders, extra pockets, and picnic tables.
Dimensions, Seating Options
|Kia Carens||Hyundai Stargazer|
Stargazer Dimensions – Source: ZigWheels
- Since the Hyundai Stargazer is essentially based on the Kia Carens, it has similar dimensions when compared. Only the length of Kia Carens is more by roughly 80 mm. Despite the huge length difference, the Hyundai Stargazer manages to match the wheelbase of the Kia Carens.
- Talking about seating options, it gets a 6-seater format in lower variants too, unlike the Carens which reserved this amenity only to top spec variants.
The Hyundai Stargazer comes loaded with modern-day features. Here is a list of some of the main highlights –
- ADAS (Smart Sense) – Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, Rear cross traffic collision avoidance assist, Blind-spot collision avoidance assist, Lane Keeping Assist.
- It also features connected car tech features with voice assist (BlueLink internet)
- Free-standing 8-inch touchscreen
Talking about features, check out – Old Car Features That Only 90s-00s Kids Will Remember!
So this was all about the Hyundai Stargazer. To catch more updates about the automotive world, follow the GoMechanicBlog!