The new fourth-gen Hyundai Tucson was recently spied in its home turf South Korea. Codenamed ‘Hyundai NX4’ and will be showcased in 2020 and released in 2021.
Although camouflaged some changes were still visible.
- The grille covers most of the front and is complimented with thin Daytime Running Lights assembled in DRL design giving it an assertive look.
- The proportions appear similar to the third-Gen Hyundai Tucson being a 4.3 SUV
- The emblem is in the middle of the front grille which also houses a forward sensor.
- The wheels in Hyundai Tucson to get new alloys giving them a more sturdy look.
Read More About Hyundai: New Hyundai Santro To Get Cosmetic Upgrades
The rear is heavily camouflaged and from prior experiences, it will have more changes compared to the front.
Although powertrain options are not yet revealed there are some possibilities
- The currently available international model of Hyundai Tucson comes with a 1.6 L turbocharged petrol, 2.0-litre petrol, 2.4-litre petrol.
- The new Hyundai Tucson will have at least these options and some electric alternatives for green energy.
- For the Diesel options, 1.6-litre turbocharged diesel and 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engines are currently available in Tucson.
- The current Hyundai Tucson can reach from 0-100 km/h in 9.5 seconds which is not good for such a company however this might change with the fourth-gen.
- The car currently can reach a top speed of 201 km/h.
- The new engines will be BS6 due to emission norms coming into effect from April 2020 and the vehicle will be launched in 2021.
New Technologies In-Play: Hyundai Develops Next-Gen Active Noise Control Tech
Seating alternatives include a seven Seater and two-row and three-row versions which are rumoured to be coming to India.
Although costly the fourth-gen Tucson might be a big less dear as its manufacturing will be performed in India.
Popular Read: Hyundai India To Launch Fuel Cells For Electric Vehicles