Hyundai just showcased the new 2020-Verna. The newly updated Verna seems to have come a long way from the day of its first launch in 2006. This time apart from sporty cosmetics the car comes with an exciting all-new 1.0-Lire turbo petrol engine.
The new turbo petrol engine made its debut in Hyundai’s Venue a couple of months back. The next launch was in the new Hyundai’s i10 Nios and Aura. Though the power figures of the hatch are a bit low than the Venue’s.
New Powertrain and Transmission
Hyundai’s turbo petrol engine is a peppy and powerful engine and will be loved by driving enthusiasts.
- The engine might be in a different state or tune but currently, it produced about 120Hp power and 172Nm torque.
- The engine is complemented by a 7-Speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) with paddle shifters.
Even though it is an exciting package it also gets conventional engines.
- A 1.5-Litre naturally-aspirated engine producing 115Hp power with an option of a 6-speed manual as well as a CVT transmission
- Diesel is also an option with the 1.5-Litre engine a 6-speed manual transmission or a conventional torque converter.
Variants and Features
2020 Hyundai Verna will get the new turbo petrol engine only in the top-spec SX(O) variant with all the bells and whistles. Though it’ll be expensive than before there are few additional features in the car.
- The car comes with a 4.2″ screen next to the part digital instrument cluster.
- An 8″ touch screen to keep you entertained on the go. The new sound system by Arkamys adds the perfect spice to the experience.
- The infotainment system gets the new “Blue Link connected car tech” which includes remote start, geo-fencing, and many more features.
- The cost of the new car is justified as it loads a sunroof, front ventilated seats, wireless charging hands-free boot opening.
Rivals and Pricing
The Hyundai Verna is set to rival the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Volkswagen Vento both of which are now offered in petrol-only variants. With the Honda set to launch its City in the same segment, Hyundai surely wanna take the edge by launching it soon.
Expected Price SX(O)- ₹13-₹14 Lakhs (Ex-Showroom Delhi)
Also Read: 2020 Hyundai Verna to get the BlueLink too!