In India, car buyers are considering safety one of the important factors when buying a new vehicle. Recently the news comes from Latin NCAP that tested the new 2020 Hyundai Verna. But sorry to say, it’s not good news for the carmaker. Hyundai Verna scored a devastating 0-star rating in the Lain NCAP.
The Hyundai Verna test at the facility was the one made in India and Mexico. Nevertheless, the firm did not mention the manufacturing country.
Latin NCAP, Crash Test Rating
At the facility, this saloon was tested for frontal-offset impact, whiplash rear impact and side movable deformation barrier. The car came equipped with only one driver’s airbag, seat belt warning, and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
- Talking about the primary frontal offset test, Hyundai Verna showed promising results.
- The car offered more than adequate protection to the Driver’s and Passengers head and neck regions.
- However, the chest projector for both the occupants in the front seats was just adequate. Meaning, Verna has to settle for a star crash test rating.
- Nevertheless, the vehicle could withstand further loads.
- Moving on to the less known whiplash protection test. This is where Verna showed borderline results. The sedan scored 1.57 points out of 3.
- Producing good results, inside impact test, the car scored 5.11 points out of 8.
Read to know Hyundai Venue EV In Works?
Let’s talk about the test results for the child seats.
- Though the new 2021 Hyundai Verna comes with ISOFIX child seats as standard, it could score just 6.21 points out of 12.68.
- But again, Hyundai did not recommend a Child Restraint System (CRS), awarding the car 0 stars.
- After testing with CRS installed, it impressed with good protection for a 3-year old child dummy.
- Pedestrian safety shouldn’t be left as is. Sticking to that, Hyundai Verna scored respectable good protection (53.11%).
Point To Note: Even if the car came equipped with dual front airbags, there would have been no change in the safety rating. This is because of the non-recommendation of CRS and side-airbags and ESC’s absence.
2021 Hyundai Verna, Safety Features
Currently, in India, the car sold comes with a plethora of safety features; standard safety features include;
- Dual front airbags
- Seat belt pretensioners
- ABS with EBD
- reverse parking sensors
- impact sensing auto door unlock
- ISOFIX child seat anchors
Whereas the top-end trim boasts of,
- Six airbags
- Vehicle stability programme
- front parking sensors (turbo petrol-only)
- TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)
- Rear disc brakes (turbo petrol-only)
Well, Hyundai is working on a new India bound Verna that has been spied testing in Korea with a code name Accent BN7.
GoMechanic News: KIA Carens MPV Makes Global Debut In India!
In the comment section, let us know if you prefer safety over features?