It seems that the Korean auto giant Hyundai is on the road of discontinuation. You ask why? the brand has abruptly taken down the Hyundai Xcent sub-compact sedan from their official website.
Why has Hyundai taken this step?
Well, we all are waiting for Hyundai to answer this question. However, according to recent media reports Hyundai might have taken this step to boost the sales of the recently launched Hyundai Aura.
The Hyundai Aura is said to be a replacement for the Hyundai Xcent. However, the Xcent Prime which also happens to be the commercial arm of the model remains on sale.
However, reports also suggest that Hyundai could come out with a facelift version of the compact sedan as well.
What did the Hyundai Xcent had on offer?
- The Xcent compact sedan came powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine.
- The engine produced 80hp @6,000 rpm with 114 Nm of peak torque @4,000 rpm.
- It also packed a 1.2-litre diesel mill producing 73hp @4,000 rpm with 190 Nm of peak torque @1,750-2,250 rpm.
- Both the engines were paired to a standard 5-speed manual transmission only.
What about the Xcent Prime?
- The commercial packs a 1.2-litre petrol engine alongside a factory-fitted CNG kit.
- The Xcent Prime also features an electronic speed limiter set at 80 km/h.