Mitsubishi has finally revealed the all-new Pajero Sport for international markets. The new Pajero sport seems to be Based on the new generation of the Pajero Sport sold internationally. Just to make things easier to understand the one sold India is a much older version as the updated SUV gets exterior styling updates in line with other new Mitsubishis, along with major cosmetic tweaks to the cabin.
We can expect this muscular menace to make its debut in the Indian market sometime by 2020, with its launch the Mitsubishi Pajero could come with a price tag of around INR 30 lakh (ex-showroom) and will give tough competition to the Toyota Fortuner, all-new Ford Endeavour and Hyundai Santa-Fe facelift.
- As far as the mechanicals are concerned, Under the hood, the Thai variant of the Mitsubishi Pajero sport features a 4N15 2.4-litre diesel engine which is known to produce 178hp at 3,500 rpm and 430 Nm of torque at 2,500 Rpm.
- This beast of an engine is supported with an 8-speed automatic transmission as standard. The Super-Select 4WD-II system is optional. However, we are still not sure whether Mitsubishi will feature the exact engine specs in the Indian variant as well.
- Apart from the design tweaks, the Mitsubishi Pajero sport will also feature a ton of additional features which includes an 8-inch colour digital instrument cluster and the Mitsubishi Remote Control on the inside.
- The refreshed SUV features a new steering wheel and a new climate control panes on the inside. Also new is an all-black theme with silver touch-ups on the steering wheel, door handles, gear lever and centre console. These updates have contributed to making the cabin more premium and plusher than ever.
- Moving on the Outside, The Mitsubishi Pajero sport has received a revised chrome grille with new front bumper and a high-set light clusters. Although the bonnet on the Pajero sport is higher, which adds to its additional muscular appeal.
- Down the sides, Other noticeable changes in include all-new alloy wheel design. Round the back, there’s a revised rear bumper, a spoiler atop the tailgate and tweaked tail-lamps – the units no longer extend into the bumper.