The Tata-owned British carmaker Jaguar has launched it’s first electric vehicle, i-Pace in India. This makes the i-Pace to be second in the premium electric SUV after the Mercedes-Benz EQC. The starting price of this electric SUV is ₹1.05 Crore (ex-showroom). Also, the new I-Pace comes in 3 variants. Here is what this Jag offers;
This all-electric SUV has been an integral part of the automotive market overseas. It was 2017 when Jaguar unleashed the first I-Pace on the streets of London. And today this renowned British carmaker has finally rolled this electric SUV I-Pace in the domestic market.
The Powerhouse of Jaguar I-Pace…
Underneath the body sits a 90kWh battery that powers a 400hp electric motor. This potent motor is capable of producing a whopping 696Nm of peak torque.
- Being an electric vehicle, it does not have a transmission, hence the driver is restricted to only 3 selection of gears, P-Park, D-Drive, and R-Reverse.
- The complete power and drive train of the Jaguar I-Pace is capable of propelling his huge car from 0-100kmph in just 4.3 seconds.
The new Jaguar I-Pace gets a 90kWh battery pack that is mounted underneath the vehicle for better space management.
Coming to the crucial stuff, charging time.
- From a conventional 7kW AC wall box charger the car takes a minimum of 10 hours to go from 0% to 100%.
- But using the fast 100kW fast charger, the I-Pace gets from 0% to 80% in about 45 minutes.
Interesting Features in the new Jaguar I-Pace
To begin with, being a car with future tech, it gets some really interesting and top of the line features;
- Starting with the door handles on the outside. Well, they sit flush with the car body when the vehicle is either on the move or is locked.
- So, when it is locked and you approach the vehicle with a keyfob in your pocket, the car detects your presence and pops those door handles. At least she cares about your arrival.
- A huge high-res touch screen in the centre is there to keep to entertained on the go.
What is the price of the new Jaguar I-Pace?
The British carmaker is bringing the SUV to India as a CBU. This means that the car will go through different taxes making it really expensive. Here are the prices;
Jaguar I-Pace Prices
|i-Pace S||₹1.05 crore|
|i-Pace SE||₹1.08 crore|
|i-Pace HSE||₹1.12 crore|
Additionally, as of now, it was only the Mercedes-Benz EQC which was in the premium electric vehicle segment. Now with the entry of the Jaguar I-Pace, EQC just is a little pocket friendly. Additionally, Mercedes are taking orders for the second lot of the EQC.
What do you feel, are Electric Vehicle really the future? Also, is it worth spending a hefty amount on such EVs? Let us know in the comment section.