Jaguar has joined the all-electric clan of sports cars with its all-electric Jaguar Vision Gran Tourismo Coupé. The Vision GT Coupé will be joining the existing line-up of Jaguar’s GT series.
Jaguar Vision GT Coupé | Highlights
- The Jaguar Vision GT Coupé is crafted using aerospace-grade aluminium along with carbon-fibre composite used heavily for the monocoque chassis. The Vision GT Coupé weighs 1.4 tons and has a 50:50 front to back weight distribution.
- The Jaguar Vision GT Coupé is built from scratch with inspiration taken from Jaguars rich racing history including cars like the Jaguar C-type and D-type.
- The electronic bits for the Jaguar Vision GT Coupé is borrowed from Jaguar’s I-Type 4 Formula E and I-Pace eTrophy racing cars.
- The front fenders resemble the like of C-Type, whereas, the long overall hull is inspired by the D-type. The cabin takes cues from the legendary E-type.
- The Jaguar Vision GT Coupé is powered by 750 kW electric motor churning a ground shattering 1200 Nm of torque with a 0 to 100 kmph timing at just 2 seconds.
- Julian Thomson, Jaguar Design Director says “This project has been completely led by our young designers and represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for them to create a vehicle steeped in our incredible heritage but pushing the boundaries of future design. The team have done an incredible job in creating something which is clearly identifiable as a Jaguar, inspired – but not constrained – by our iconic past.”