It was not too long ago when Jeep India teased the world with the small glimpse of the limited edition Jeep Compass “Night Eagle” and now it is here. Jeep has launched the “First Global Limited Edition” of the Jeep compass compact SUV with prices starting from ₹20.14 lakh.
The All-Black Compass Night Eagle is based on the upcoming Jeep Compass facelift’s mid-spec Longitude Plus trim set to make its India debut in early 2021. The global limited edition also comes at a premium of ₹45,000 compared to the standard compact Compass SUV.
Any changes on the Engine front?
Marking the footsteps of the Longitude Plus trim the Jeep Compass Night Eagle Edition will have two engine options;
- The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol is capable of generating a little over 163hp with 250Nm of peak torque while paired.
- While the 2.0-litre turbo-diesel mill churns 173hp with 350Nm of peak torque.
The 1.4-litre Petrol variant will have a 4×2 setup paired to a 7-speed DCT automatic whereas the 2.0-litre diesel mill will come mated to a 4×2 setup with a standard 6-speed manual and an optional 9-speed automatic gearbox.
How is the Night Eagle different from the standard Jeep Compass?
- On the outside on the Night Eagle, we get will get to see a new set of all-black 18-inch black wheels, a glossy black roof, black inserts on the grille and window line, an all-black theme, power-folding ORVMs, front cornering fog lamps and keyless entry.
- Jeep has also added two new colour schemes to the eagle edition- Exotica Red and Brilliant Black.
- Only 250 units of the special edition Compass Night Eagle will be made.
- On the inside, Jeep seems to have taken the designing cues from the Longitude Plus trim which features a 7.0-inch Uconnect touchscreen compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, cruise control, push-button start and dual-zone climate control to name a few.
- It will also include an exclusive all-black themed ‘Techno Leather’ upholstery inside the cabin.
- The safety package includes Reverse parking camera and some new driver assistance features like hill descent control, hill start assist, traction control, electronic stability control and frequency damped suspension among others.
How much does the Night Eagle cost?
Jeep Compass Night Eagle Price
|1.4 Multiair Turbo 4×2 Petrol DCT||₹ 20.14 lakh|
|2.0 Multijet 4×2 Diesel MT||₹ 20.75 lakh|
|2.0 Multijet 4×4 Diesel AT||₹ 23.31 lakh|
What about its rivals?
- With all the new bells and whistles the new Compass Night Eagle still competes with the likes of the Kia Seltos, 2020 Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier and the MG Hector.