Jeep India has teased us with a glimpse of a new special edition variant of the Compass SUV called the Jeep Compass Night Eagle through the brands Instagram handle. This special edition of the Jeep Compass is already on sale in the European market and is also the “first global limited edition” of the Compass SUV.
The Jeep Compass Night Eagle is based on the upcoming Jeep Compass facelift’s mid-spec Longitude Plus trim set to make its India debut in early 2021.
What powers the Jeep Compass Night Eagle?
- The Euro-spec variant of the limited-edition Jeep Compass Nigh Eagle features 1.4-litre multi-air petrol and a 2.0-litre multi-jet II diesel engine capable of churning 170hp with 250 Nm of peak torque and 170hp with 350 Nm of peak torque respectively.
- However, the India-spec variant will feature the same 1.4-litre turbo-petrol mill generating 163hp and 250Nm and 2.0-litre turbo-diesel mill producing 173hp and 350Nm.
- Both the engines come mated to a standard 6-speed manual gearbox while a 7-speed dual-clutch-transmission for petrol and 9-speed torque-converter automatic for diesel stays optional.
How different is it from the standard Jeep Compass (Feature-Wise)?
- To start with, the Night Eagle edition will only be available in a single glossy black colour scheme.
- It will also feature a fully blacked-out front grille, glossy black finished 18-inch alloy wheels, night eagle badging on the boot lid and Xenon projector headlamps.
- On the inside, we will get to see the usual 8.4-inch UConnect touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start with keyless entry. While the safety package will include ESP, ABS with EBD and hill-start assist to name a few.
Not to Miss: FCA Cars & Automobiles | When Italy Meets India
When will it launch in India?
- As stated earlier that FCA will be launching the Jeep Compass facelift by early 2021 so this means that we will only get to see this limited-edition variant sometime after that.