The SUV segment is storming in the market these days with a new vehicle launching every quarter. Despite this, Kia, with mostly SUVs in its portfolio, is set to launch an MPV. It is the Kia Carens we are talking about here. The renowned Korean carmaker will launch its second MPV in the upcoming months. But before its launch, Kia has finally officially released the brochure of the MPV. Now, with the brochure out, people interested in the Kia Carens will be able to look for intricate details. So, make your work a little easy here is a brief breakdown of the brochure.
Kia Carens Variants and Features
Let’s start with the variants of the Kia Carens. On its launch, this MPV will be getting 5 variants. Starting with the base, premium variant followed by Prestige and Prestige Plus, in the end, the top two variants, Luxury and Luxury plus. Naturally, it is the Luxury plus that will be getting all the gadgets and gizmos. Here are some of the key features listed in each variant.
- Two-Tone Black and Beige Interiors with Indigo Accents
- 16-inch steel wheels with wheel covers (TDGI 1.4 and 1.5 Diesel)
- 15-inch steel wheels with wheel covers (1.5 MPI)
- Semi-Leatherette (Black & Indigo) Seats
- Rear Spoiler
- 7.5-inch digital instrument cluster
- Integrated Roof Rails
- Shark Fin Antenna
- Rear View Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Keyless Entry
- Follow Me Home Headlamps
- 8-inch infotainment system
- Wireless Andriod Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 12.5- inch Full Digital instrument cluster
- 6-speaker sound system
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Beltline Chrome
- LED DRLs and LED taillights
- Automatic climate control
- Smart Key with Push Button Start
- 1st and 2nd row cooled cup holders
- Rear door sunshade
- Rear Wiper & Defogger
- LED Headlamps and foglights
- Ambient lighting
- Premium Leatherette Seats (Beige & Triton Navy)
- Triton Navy and Beige Interiors
- Auto-dimming inner rearview mirror
- Under Seat Tray
- 10.25-inch infotainment system
- Air purifier
- Rear Door Spot Lamps
- BOSE Premium Sound System with 8 Speakers
- Smartphone Wireless Charger
- Paddle Shifters (automatic transmission only)
Kia Carens engine and transmission
Like the other cars from Kia in this price range, the Carens will also get a set of 3 engines to choose from. A couple of petrol engines, a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated and 1.4-litre turbo petrol. And for all the Diesel bros, yes! A 1.5-litre turbo diesel will be offered under the hood of the upcoming SUV. Like the engines, Kia Carens will also share the same set of transmission options as well.
For all the engines there will be a 6-speed manual transmission on offer. Talking about automatics, IVT will be mated with the naturally aspirated petrol and a 7-speed DCT with the turbo petrol. However, the diesel will come mated to the good old torque converter.
Kia Carens safety features
This is where Kia is playing safe as the new Carens comes loaded with safety features across all variants. Starting with the standard safety tech, Carens gets
Kia Carens Colours
The Kia’s new MPV will be available in a total of eight colours, Imperial Blue, Moss Brown, Sparkling Silver, Intense Red, Glacier White Pearl, Clear White, Gravity Grey and Aurora Black Pearl.
Price and Rivals
Kia Carnes does not share its ground with MPVs in its segment. If we exclude the price difference Carens competes against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Toyota Innova. But when keeping the price into perspective the Carens lies between its competition. Furthermore, there does exist an MPV that might fit in Kia Carens’ price bracket, Mahindra Marazzo. But it failed to attract customers so this should not be a problem.
Coming to the price, Kia will unveil the cost of this new MPV soon. Still, if we had to guess, Carens might be priced somewhere around Rs. 12 – Rs. 18 lakh (ex-showroom) price range
Let us know in the comment section what do you think of this new MPV? Will it be a game-changer for this segment?